Friday, April 17, 2009

FO update

A little catch up. I've been knitting. But not sharing as much as I should. I've also been spinning, but I'll save that for another post (tomorrow perhaps). These are a few things that I've finished lately. I really should try harder not to let things pile up between blogging. A couple of these were actually started before the dino sweater I already blogged about. But the dino sweater I'm still VERY proud of and I couldn't help sharing that one right away. anyways... here are a few projects.

Pattern: SKA March 2009 Mystery Sock Pattern
Yarn: Plymouth Yarn Rockin' Sox
needles: US 0 (2mm)
started: March 3, 2009
finished: March 23, 2009
notes: a KAL with SKA on ravelry. mystery socks are a lot of fun. You get a clue each week and at the end of the month you have a pair of socks (well as long as you knit each clue twice each week). These are destined for a friend, but still haven't made it into the mail. Having fun putting together some other goodies to go with them. The yarn has been renamed sockin sox. It was fantastic for the price (100g for $12), but not sure I'll work with it again. Will wait and see how they hold up to wear and washing.

Pattern: Cables & Corrugations by Cat Bordhi
Yarn: Fleece Artist Somoko in Blush
needles: 2.25mm (us 1)
Started: March 2, 2009
Finished: April 14, 2009
notes: these are my favorite toe up socks to date. I'm not a big fan of toe up knits. But these fit perfectly and were fun to knit. Cat Bordhi keeps things interesting. and even tho this yarn has a bit of mohair in it, I find it very soft and squishy and nice. I'm not a big fan of mohair, but I do like this yarn. Will give further review after washing.

Pattern: variation on "Miss Dashwood" and "organic cotton knit booties"
Yarn: Lion Brand cotton-ease (original) in bubblegum
Needles: us 6 (4.0mm)
Started: April 8, 2009
Finished: April 10, 2009
notes: knit for a swap. I swapped out the bobbles on miss dashwood with eyelets and ran a ribbon thru. On the booties I did sort of the same thing. Changing the cuff to add eyelets for a ribbon to be used. Was a very quick knit.