Saturday, August 9, 2008

spinning wheel




So no big surprise to those who heard me talk about it. This made its way home with me today. Its a Country Craftsman spinning wheel. Which is a hand-crafted saxony wheel designed after historic wheels from the collection at the American Museum of Textile History in Massachusetts. Its a is a reproduction of a New England 1700's flax wheel, but also resembles a Canadian production wheel because of the large drive-wheel. I really love that the wheel is the work of one man. he fashioned the entire thing of native hardwoods. With his name stamped on the bottom of the wheel. Sadly its no longer in production. But some replacement parts are still available. I'll be placing an order for some of these very soon.

I'm so excited about it. And what a steal for only $75! It needs a little TLC and I need to do a great deal of learning. But I'm super excited and of course had to share. anyone wanna help me name her?

5 comments:

Hope said...

Congratulations!

Where did you find her? She's gorgeous and I love that she is handcrafted. So much cooler that way.

I don't have any name suggestions, but I am sure she will share it in her own time.

Jen said...

So cool!!! She looks like she should have an old fashioned name like Esther or Penelope.

kasiaiscarly said...

Holy Cow, you guys are all trouble with the spinning :) Don't you have enough sock yarn without spinning more of your own ? :) I think you should name her Hester. . . Like Hester Prynne in the Scarlett Letter, since she will be causing you to be adulterous to your knitting :)

ptown hokie said...

OMG! That's hysterical what Carly said. And so true! I'm not sure I'll be coming over to see her, as I really want to avoid the spinning bug. I hardly have enough funds for knitting! Then again, who does? More funds means more knitting, so every time you (or your hubby) get a raise, guess where the money goes??? :)

sa said...

AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,a片,AV女優,聊天室,情色,性愛