So I went ahead and continued to knit Rogue. I'm still iffy on the yarn, but its a lot better now. I think it was a problem at first because I was knitting with some that had been frogged. Its still pretty fuzzy and I'm sure it will fuzz and pill like crazy after a couple wearings but, you get what you pay for. I'd love to make this again in some cascade superwash. That would be awesome. I'm not very far into the pattern (I'm on like the 4th row of the first chart) but I don't want to put it down. I think (like Pixie) this is going to go a lot faster than I originally thought.
Just thought I'd post a quick update before I force myself to put it down and head off to bed. Oh and I did finish the first sock of the pair for Justin. I had him try it on the other day to check if it was going to be 1/2 inch short like I thought. It actually fit him like a dream (well thanks to the ribbing. I really should have put in a few more gusset increases, but he loves it and it fits and that's all that really matters). I was knitting away and asked him how tall he wanted me to go (since I originally planned to just knit until I ran out of yarn). He insisted on getting to try it on again and then decided it was the perfect legnth for ankle socks and told me to just stop where I was. I knit a couple more rows then did a sewn bind off. If I can force myself to put Rogue down long enough I'll knit up the second sock (it shouldn't take much time at all). And since I stopped before running out of yarn I think I have enough to make Nathan a matching pair *grins*.