Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Nathan's slippers II

Needed a project to take my mind off the mittens. This worked perfectly. A quick project that I could finish with one days work.



Pattern: "Children's Felt Clogs (CH-38)"
Yarn: Knit Picks Wool of the Andes in Firecracker heather
needles: US 13
started: Feb 16 2009
finished: Feb 16 2009(felted on the 17th)
Notes: A tiny bit big, but I’m sure he’ll grow into them. I’m not a fan of how fuzzy this yarn got when felted. IMO patons does much nicer



When I was going to get info on the clogs that's when I realized "hey I never blogged the first pair". So here are the first pair.


Pattern: "Children's Felt Clogs (CH-38)"
Yarn: Patons classic merino in grey and forest green (from stash)
needles: us 13
started: Dec 20 2008
finished: Dec 21 2008
notes: love this pattern. so quick and easy and they are cute.

I like the two color version much better. Since making 2 pair Justin has requested a pair. I have the adult pattern (had it longer than the childrens). So I guess I'll cast on him a pair soon. If he cares for any of the yarn upstairs. If not he will have to go shopping first. I much prefer the way patons classic merino felts to how the KP did. The KP got a lot fuzzier than the patons. Which I guess some people like. It might be a design feature for certain patterns. Not sure it is for these tho. when I make them again I'll stick with the patons. Although I also have some of the ella rae classic leftover from CPH maybe I'll swatch and see how that felts up.

I also realized a couple other projects I failed to blog. I might make an update projects blog tomorrow. Well see how inspired I am once I wake up (hehe).

No comments: