Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Lorna's Laces Sample knits

For a couple years now I've been sample knitting for Lorna's Laces. Here are the latest sample knits. This time I was lucky and knit 3 items for them. Usually I'm only asked to knit 1. But I offered to knit more than 1 this year. Its so much fun working with Lorna's Laces. I knit samples for them to take to trade shows. Its to show off their gorgeous yarn and colors.


IMG_2364
I get awesome yarn in the mail that is to be knit up into pre-selected patterns. This was the yarn for this order. Its Helen's Laces in Monkeyshines, Honor in Tomfoolery and Shepard Worsted in cedar.

IMG_2409

IMG_2408

IMG_2406
I knit the honor up into a sweet little girls size 4 shrug. If you haven't knit with honor yet... you are truly missing out. The stuff is amazing. So soft and incredible drape. Such a treat!

Pattern:Whirligig Shrug by Stefanie Japel
Yarn: Honor in Tomfoolery
Needles: us 6 (4.0mm)
started: November 18, 2010
finished: November 19, 2010


IMG_2407
Next up a simple little sundress also size 4

Pattern:# 266 Little Girl's Sundress or Jumper by Diane Soucy
needles: us6 and us8
yarn: Shepard Worsted in cedar
started: November 20, 2010
finished: November 22, 2010

Last but not least is the lace sweater.
IMG_2404

IMG_2401
eyelet increases up the sides (under the arms)
IMG_2400
eyelet increases down the center of the back
IMG_2399

Pattern: Featherweight Wrap to Knit by Val Love
Yarn: Helen's Lace in monkeyshines
needles: hmmm I dont remember. But I do remember I struggled to get gauge
started: November 23, 2010
finished: December 9, 2010

I personally am not a fan of the eyelets down the back and the sides. I like that there are increases there to add drape, and shape. But I'd prefer a M1 I think. Or a paired increase. But since this was a sample knit I stuck to the pattern. Its knit in a size small (i believe). Its must be meant to be worn big. Its not close fitting at all. I was able to try it on and I'm no small.

No comments: