Friday, June 5, 2009

Day 8, and the knittin' is good

The sweater fronts are going pretty quickly. One more repeat of the lace pattern and I'll already be up to the armhole shaping. It's not too much of a stretch to imagine that I'll be able to finish the left front today. That'll just leave the right front, sleeves, button bands and finishing, which just involves sewing the 5 pieces (back, left front, right front and sleeves) together, weaving in ends and washing/blocking.

I'm still pretty happy with how it's turning out.



Added bonus: you get to see my lovely Green River Firefighters Association hat, which they gave me because they like me (it's mutual) and the tropical surf scene Jacqueline drew on my dry-erase board. You can't tell in this picture, because the knitting covered it up, but there's a shark in the lower left corner of that picture. And the surfer is saying, "Whoa." Like Joey Lawrence.

(By the way, I look annoyed in the picture. I wasn't. I was smiling the whole time, except, apparently, the minute I pushed the camera button.)

No comments: