Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Rogue update. And new project!

Rogue is officially on hiatus.

It took several days longer than I'd expected, due to me being unable to knit much and severe cold slowing my fingers down considerably, but I finished the body Sunday evening at Luke's house while he burned movies. I tacked the shoulders together and tried it on, and I'm very happy to report that it fits perfectly so far. I still have to do the hood and the sleeves.

But that all will have to wait. That project is on hiatus while I make another sweater for Mom. She's been looking for a white sweater to wear with the brown skirt she made herself, and she can't find anything. Enter me. She doesn't know it, but I'm knitting her a white turtleneck sweater to fit the bill. I hope it fits her. Since it's a surprise, I can't exactly try it on her. I do know her measurements, so that helps a lot, but I'd still rather have a model just to be sure. I can't use myself because I'm several inches smaller, and she generally likes her sweaters to fit a little more loosely than I do, so it would be huge on me. Oh well. I'll just have to compare (on the sly) to other sweaters I know fit her. Which should be easy, since I have one sweater she bought for herself. It fits her but I wore it more (it's a hoodie, so I wanted it to be big on me) so I ended up with it. Hehe.


So, official project status (which, by the way, can also be seen on our sidebar, along with links to patterns wherever applicable)...

Rogue: on hiatus as of the evening of Sunday, January 28 (around 6 p.m.); will be active again once Perfect Sweater is complete

Mom's "Perfect Sweater": about 15% complete

And...

Perfect Sweater Project Details:

Pattern: Perfect Sweater (link on sidebar...normally I'd link here too, but the computer's misbehaving)
Needles/Gauge: 4.5 stitches per inch, 5.5 rows per inch on size 7 Clover bamboo circular needles
Yarn: Caron Simply Soft in white (I love this yarn. Very soft, and machine washable! I use it for everything. Oh yeah, and did I mention it's cheap?)
Modifications: Slight gauge difference...so I'm making one size smaller to make up for it. And also working fewer rows between sections, since mine would otherwise be longer than it should be. Also worked the hem in twisted knit stitch (as opposed to regular knit stitch) so it would be tighter and fold up better...and picked-up stitches at cast-on rather than using a provisional cast-on, just because i was lazy and didn't want to get up for a crochet hook. And when I get to the neck, I'm making this a turtleneck, which means I'll work fewer decreases at the neck and then work straight up into a short tube that folds over.
Start Date: night of Sunday, January 28 (around 8 or 9 p.m.)
Completion Date: not yet!

-Pixie

No comments: